The following questions may be useful as a starting point for developing speaking and listening skills with your class:
- What can you see? What do you think is happening?
- What colours can you see?
- What time of day do you think it is? How do you know?
- How many people can you see in the painting? (some may be hard to spot)
- What would you see/hear/feel and smell if you were in the painting?
- What words would you use to describe the mood of the painting?
- Where is the artist? Why do you think he chose to paint his picture from this angle?
- If you were in the painting where would you like to be and why?
- What do you think might happen next?
Questioning skills (PDF)